The Making Conversation: Australian Composers Podcast is well and truly underway. With almost 30 composer interviews recorded by the wonderful Making Conversation team during the second half of 2016, we’re now in production mode in the lead-up to the launch of the series on Friday 21 April 2017, with episodes going live weekly.
We’re delighted to reveal a collaboration with the New Waves Podcast, ABC Classic FM, who invited us to contribute four guest-produced episodes to the series in 2017. We’re going to be featuring 3-4 four Australian composers in each podcast episode, bringing together excerpts of interviews taken as part of our upcoming MW Making Conversation podcast.
The first “Making Waves meets New Waves” episode launched on 19 Jan 2017, meaning you can hear a preview of some of the Conversations right now.
Special thanks to Stephen Adams and ABC Classic FM for commissioning these episodes and to the Making Conversation team for being part of this production, and of course to all the composers who agreed to be interviewed for this production.
mAKING wAVES 1: Journeys
Released: Thursday 19 January 2017
- Composer Joseph Twist interviewed by Lisa Cheney
- Cat Hope interviewed by Leah Blankendaal
- Timothy Tate interviewed by Chris Williams
- Julian Day interviewed by Leah Blankendaal
mAKING wAVES 2: Boundaries of Style
Released: Thursday 20 April 2017
- Composer Michael Sollis interviewed by Leah Blankendaal
- Dan Thorpe interviewed by David John Lang
- Lisa Young interviewed by Lisa Cheney
- Holly Harrison interviewed by Antonia Zappia
Making Waves 3: Portfolio Careers
Released: Thursday 24 August 2017
- Composer Mark Oliveiro interviewed by Peggy Polias
- Composer Alex Turley interviewed by Rebecca Erin Smith
- Composer Thea Zimpel interviewed by Leah Blankendaal
- Composer Maria Grenfell interviewed by Stephanie Eslake
Making Waves 4: Creative Journeys
Released: Thursday 7 December 2017
- Composer Peter McNamara interviewed by Peggy Polias
- Composer Anne Cawrse interviewed by David John Lang
- Composer Connor D’Netto interviewed by Sascha Kelly
- Composer May Lyon interviewed by Matthew Lorenzon
Content Producers: Lisa Cheney, Peggy Polias
Technical Producer: Leah Blankendaal
With special thanks to Stephen Adams, ABC Classic FM Australian Music Unit.