“The music and more is, truly, out of this world.. this is an intergalactic love song dedication that knows no peer” Lloyd Bradford Syke, Australian Stage Ephemera Ensemble: a musical exploration of celestial landscapes such as pulsars, craters, planetary atmospheres, stars, sun and void. Merging the sound worlds of jazz and contemporary classical, and set to real space sounds, it is an original sonic experience.
The ensemble comprises Keyna Wilkins (piano/flute/compositions) Elsen Price (double bass/loop pedal) and Will Gilbert (trumpet) and includes freely improvised pieces. NASA recordings of electromagnetic waves from planets and stars is the backdrop soundtrack and has been complied by astronomer Professor Paul Francis often with projections of space probe footage. Each member brings their own unique voice to the ensemble drawing from a multitude of musical backgrounds. Elsen is a new music specialist, Will is a jazz trumpeter and Keyna is a jazz/classical/flamenco musician and composer, who combine to create a distinctive sound world that organically react to stellar concepts. Universe and Universality.
Ensemble website: www.ephemeraensemble.com/
Ephemera Trio shows between 2015-2017.
Cut Common: “Ephemera Trio is taking us on a voyage into the universe, morphing the elements of space into new music. Curious and inspiring, Orbits and Riffs is the group’s new album that uses NASA recordings of stars and planets’ electromagnetic waves, and combines these otherworldly sounds with jazz, classical and experimental music.”
- Keyna Wilkins, Callisto
- Keyna Wilkins, Aurorae Sinus
- Keyna Wilkins, Titan Tango
- Keyna Wilkins, Blackhole
- Ephemera Trio, Comet Improvisation
- Keyna Wilkins, Orbital Waltz
- Keyna Wilkins, New Galaxy
- Keyna Wilkins, Distant Pulsar
- Ephemera Trio, Solar Flare Improvisation
- Keyna Wilkins, Floating in Space
- Keyna Wilkins, Craters of Rhea
- Keyna Wilkins, Mars Pt 1 Red Dirt
- Keyna Wilkins, Mars Pt 2 Red Mysteries
- Keyna Wilkins, Mars Pt 3 Red Children
- Keyna Wilkins, Full Moon
- Ephemera Trio, Cassani Improvisation
- Keyna Wilkins, Star Dance
Performed by Ephemera Trio; Keyna Wilkins (piano/flute/compositions) Elsen Price (double bass/loop pedal) and Will Gilbert (trumpet)